What online marketers need to know about Google+
Online marketers have got to be aware of the movements of the big players online.
The internet is always changing and now, yet another social network has been launched, this time by Google, the leading search engine, and internet giant. People all over the world are wondering what Google+ really means.
Well, if you’re an online marketers, I suggest you get off your couch and pay close attention to what it means for you and your clients.
Google+ surpassed 10 million users in its first month, and the +1 button has already been added to more sites than the “tweet this” button. Go ahead and gasp; I know I did. As an online marketer, right now you’re probably rubbing your hands together.
Not their first attempt!
Google has tried to launch a social/collaboration platform before. Google’s first attempt wave, did not make much of a splash as a collaboration platform. Then the downfall of Google Buzz was attributed, among other things, to how it functioned with a different social behavior than what people are used to. It could have worked; the general public and online marketers alike just didn’t accept it.
Google took what they learned from the Buzz and Wave failures and have gone back to the drawing board. They have also capitalized on Facebook and Twitter’s massive successes in the social space.
With Google+ they have basically developed a network that offers the best social features of Twitter and Facebook, the best bookmarking and collaborating of Del.icio.us, Digg,and tumblr and have also managed to integrate all of the other useful Google products.
Yep, Google+ is HUGE!
There are a couple of major influences that Google+ has on the social web that online marketers need to take note of:
- It’s going to read your mindGoogle+ has been created in and around the realm of the semantic web, where computers are able to develop an understanding of the semantic, or meaning, of the information to it (what some online marketers are calling Web 3.0).It might just be internet jargon, but Web 3.0 represents something very important for online marketers. It is the ultimate in message management and laser targeted communication. Google has already been doing this with network content advertising by targeting advertising and content that is most relevant to users (This includes what they have just been searching for).Google can now reference your personalized information added to your integrated social profile, enabling the relevance and targeting of its content to take an incredible leap forward. It will know what you want to search for before you type in the full sentence. In case you’re not sure, this is definitely a plus if you’re an online marketer, and you want more relevancy and better results. Up to now, Google has been able to work out most of your dislikes and likes based on what you input with its search engine, but now your social profile goes a lot further, enabling Google to get a better view of what type of content it should be targeting for you as an online marketer and your contacts alike.Web 3.0 is a close reality, with the integration of search and social media. Google will use the +1 button to filter search data, products online marketer’s contacts want to buy and applications their friends recommend, all through the power of their social profile. It sounds a bit spooky, but in short, Google is now delivering what the social web has been promising for a long time,
- But does it all add up?Google is one of the most frequently visited sites on the web. Making sure your brand as an online marketer and your website’s content is easily found when searching, optimizing your site for the Google spiders and bidding for PPC advertising are activities that all online marketers should be doing. Its the age of organized content, and Google is now leading us much further into the age of hyper-connected relevance.
If someone recommends an online marketers website, a brand or a link they help it gain traction on google’s difficult and ever changing ranking system. Something that online marketers struggle with all the time, but need to be able to understand and use. Google claims that +1s on searches will add strength to the online marketers link in the search algorithm and, in turn, make it more relevant. The system will also know what person from what networks +1′ed an online marketers link, because they know that it’s more likely that they’ll find a link relevant if it has been +1′ed by their friends (a thumbs up or suggestion). In this way, the social networks friend recommendations concept has made its way into search, and in turn made it easier for online marketers to take advantage of recommendations by contacts and convert them into sales, as they can pre-determine and offer exactly what the contact wants or needs.
- It takes something that you are already fond of, and makes you LOVE it!Google is all over the net. It’s not just a tree with many branches; it’s the whole plantation, which is becoming a forest! Google+ will incorporate tools and functions from every property the search giant owns, bringing sites we use every day into our social profiles – products such as Hangouts (Call), Google Maps & Places (location), YouTube (video sharing), Blogger (blogging platform) Picasa (picture sharing) and even Android App (mobile). More ways for online marketers to connect.On their own, these platforms are huge! And most people already use many (if not all) of them, which means they won’t need to learn anything new; it’s something masses of people already use. Very Clever!
- Google+ and integration with your brandWhat online marketers should be really getting excited about is how this all comes together. Google has started testing a few online marketersbrands with business pages with but so far I personally have not given it a try. I therefore can’t make much comment on what they are offering, but I can speculate, though:
- Once all these properties are linked, online marketers will have more analytics than they know what to do with. When someone ends up on their site, online marketers will be able to see, how many people are recommending their search, interacting on their Google+ page, where they found them, and how they ended up at there
- Google is integrating online purchasing engine (Checkout) to link your Gmail account to a check-out function, which means online marketers can track where customers come from. Very useful!
- Combining the best it has with your brand:
- Google Maps & Places (location) – Online marketer’s personal location is on Google Maps and they’ve reflected this on their site. They can add QR code redemption via their Google+ social page and integrate which of their contacts or customers recommend activities or meet ups in local area’s and what other users and online marketers say about it on their Google+ pages.
- Hangouts (call) – there’s something in here online marketers can use for live broadcasts/customer service/dipstick research with Google+ brand fans.
- YouTube (video) – video on Google+ with likes and links now integrate seamlessly with online marketers Google+ page.
- Android App (mobile) – we are still awaiting the OS apps approval, but it is on its way, and it’s going to be massive. Location-based search (LBS) integrated into social is highly relevant. Something for online marketers to tap into.
- Blogger (blog) – Online marketers blog and their brand page seamlessly integrate. Brilliant!
In conclusion, Google+ is going to make the revolution to the web, social media, searchable. This will synergize two of the biggest web functions. It’s going to add recommendations and social circle sharing, the most natural of human interactions, to every aspect of what you do.
If youre not already convinced, you can simply Google it; it has already hit more than 10 million users.
As an online marketer you simply can’t ignore this monumental shift in the way that the internet is being used.
And to fully take advantage of Google+ and to attain success in the twenty first century you must know how to use it to market properly. To learn how to build your own list of high quality prospects, brand yourself, and secure your future as an online marketer, CLICK HERE right now for a FREE training.
Click on my photo below to access the insider video that reveals the ‘commission loophole’ that deposits 100% commissions into your bank account daily, hourly …even by the minute.
Here’s to YOUR success.
Brett Jackson – Online marketing mentor.